Thursday, August 27, 2009

Getting Better Everyday

Me and Arrow Me and Nova




Me and Arrow again...




Another few days has gone by and I'm starting to realize how much this program is going to change me and how it has changed me already. For one, it only took 3 days of getting up between 4am-5am to turn me into an avid coffee drinker (I have always hated coffee). I also feel a tad more like a hippie now a days, especially after watching a movie in my wildlife conservation class and finding out what my ecological footprint was (you can find yours at http://www.earthday.net/ click on ecological footprint)which was 4.9 planets meaning I use up a lot of non renewable resources in order just to keep my lifestyle.

On a funner note I've gotten to do some really cool things lately. I got to walk an emu...so cool! I got to man 3 birds of prey, a blind barn owl named Sweet Pea, a red-tailed hawk named Arrow, and a great horned owl named Nova. It was definately a really cool experience and I was so excited to finally get some hands on experience, and I can't wait to do it again. I also started what was pretty much our first day of area yesterday and my job was to clean the cement slabs and mats in our mini horse Nick's corral. I thought this wouldn't be too hard, except the hose had a huge leak and I pretty much got all wet and I wasn't very good attatching the bleach bottle to the hose and I'm pretty sure I got most of my clothes bleached. But all in all it could have gone a lot worse I guess.
















No comments:

Post a Comment