Thursday, August 13, 2009

Orientation continues

So first day of orientation was awesome, finally gave us all a chance to actually realize what and where we are all going to be for the next 2 years. Second day...eh...well let's just say it was "pigeon pulling" day. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is killing a pigeon by cervical dislocation. In other words killing a pigeon by ripping off it's head with your bare hands. For all of you who have never heard of this...yes it is a real pigeon...yes it is alive when you do this...and yes EVERYONE in the program has to do this...at least once. Granted I really don't think anyone actually enjoys the fact that we have to do this, but some appreciate what it teaches us and why we do it.

So when it came to that time of the day suprisingly most of the class raised their hands to do it and get it over with right then and there. Me being one of them, because honestly I really never want to have to think about this situation ever again. I'd like to do it, get it over with, then put it behind me. Unfortunately I was not picked to get the chance to do it as they were short of pigeons. So now I have the image playing back in my head over and over again of watching about 20-30 pigeons get their heads pulled off by my classmates and I know that I will have to do it soon, but no idea when. It could be weeks to months, kind of frustrating but not much I can do.

On a much happier note, today all the first years get our uniforms today. I'm sure that once we all put it on the true feeling will sink in that we actually got in this program and will be able to do what most of us have hoped and dreamed to do since we were children.

No comments:

Post a Comment