Monday, August 17, 2009

Wake up call 6:30 AM!!!!




So I got up this morning around 430am...and let's just say yes I am a morning person but I can tell this feeling is going to wear off real quick. We survived workday which was Friday which included weeding, shoveling & raking dirt, leaves, etc. For our group we also had to disassemble a rusty primate cage which was no easy feat. Then at the end of the day we were apparently initiated by being coaxed out to the lawn to "take a picture" when really the second years were just gathering us all together so they could dump water, spray hoses, & turn on the sprinkers from the roof above us.
So, yesterday was the real first day of EATM I guess...didn't last long though. I donned by weekend EATM uniform for the first time which was pretty cool I guess, but i'm sure I'll get sick of wearing the same stuff every day eventually. We learned how to do what we call "AREA" in parts of the zoo. This includes cleaning, feeding, and checking on animals in certain areas of the zoo. We also learned how to tie a falconer's knot(shown above) with one hand which scared me because we have to be tested on this and all I could think of is how long it took me to learn to tie my shoes. Fortunately I finally figured it out and can tie that knot with my eyes closed. :)
So any way I have to get going soon in order to be at school by 630am SHARP or else points get deducted.

No comments:

Post a Comment